 Promotional / 369
Re: Even more SHELL info...promotion has begun!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:40:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have been saying for years that California is the promised land, and now TLG
acknowledges it.  Indeed the shell promotion is underway here in Southern
California.  There are tons of signs around all the gas stations advertising
this promotion.  The sets are either $1.19 with $10 purchase or $1.99 without
purchase.  I have been to a few different stations and they all have pretty
good stock, but none yet have the ferrari, the bellview (sp?) or the race car
sets.  These three sets are pictured in the advertisements but the clerk I
spoke to said that because they were so expensive $20-$40 some stations
decided not to carry them.  I am still hunting though.

Scott

In lugnet.promo, Mark Herzberg writes:
Forget what I said about May, the LEGO promotion officially started today in
the US, April 8th! Keep your eyes out. Southern California is the first market
were they were spotted on the RTL. The small sets are $1.19 each and require a
minimum $10 gasoline purchase. Luckily, however, there is no minimum amount of
sets you can buy. :-)  The medium sets and the Ferrari have, sadly, not been
spotted yet.