 Promotional / 182
  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

What is this so called Pokemon? -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Morden wrote in message <382a007f.8688312@lu...et.com>... (...) time (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) john ~ oh, it's some amorphous, big-eyed thing that kids today are just crazy about, ~ and it's nowhere _near_ as cute as the original casper, felix, or FABULAND! later ~ craig (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) Well, it's a video game for the Gameboy where the object of the game is to go around and collect all 151 Pokemon (or Pocket Monsters). Kya (who's going back to playing Gran Turismo) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It´s a fun, great video game from Nintendo. You collect and train small monsters (Pocket Monsters). When they are strong enough, you can battle other trainers, and earn badges. If that´s not enough, there are 150 kinds of pokémon. Besides (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and, most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable card game, rather like Magic the Gathering. The official Pokemon web site: (URL) apparently covers the videogames, comics, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

[moving to off-topic.fun] (...) There is also a manga(comic) version. Oh, and I don't think it is the "geek" crowd that is collecting the cards; I think it is mostly kids and the anime fans who like Pokemon. Now why can't the good stuff like (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

Yeah, but it all started with the videogame didn´t it? I read that the idea for pokémon came in 1995, when the game started to be developed. Perhaps the anime came before the game. I think it did, because the "pokémon" show was on the TV news when (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) I do remember hearing about that in the news, but I don't think it was Pokemon <remembers the episode of the Simpsons where they featured them going to Japan then watching one of those cartoons and getting sezuires> *starts to laugh* But (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It was indeed an episode of the Pokemon cartoon that caused a an epidemic of epilepsy attacks among japanese children. What's hilarious / really sad is that one of the the evening news shows in Japan showed a clip from the same cartoon while (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)