 Pirates / 857
Re: How much are Blue soldiers worth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 20:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
[snip]
... Loonies at auczilla have paid as much for a ... backpack
as I do for the entire figure.

Now, wait a second, I'm one of those so-called loonies,
and I'd like to object (just as soon as I can figure out
how to get out of this straightjacket ;-)

The reason I was willing to pay a rather high price
on AucZilla for some of those Backpacks,
and the reason I'd (probably) do the same
for some Shako Hats, is that once I get a Trooper minifig,
whether Redcoat or Bluecoat, I'm not disassembling him!
("No disassemble! No disassemble!" -- trivia points
if you can give movie reference ;-)

Thus, if I'm not gonna disassemble a complete Trooper 'fig
(notice that I did *not* mention the Officer/Lieutenant 'figs...),
then the only way to get extra backpacks and/or shako hats
is to get them from other sources.

Now, you may ask *why* would I need extra shako hats,
and the answer is rather simple: I have *extra* Troopers
that are only *partially* complete; i.e., they're missing
their shako hats.  (And, no, not quite all of them
started out as surplus Lieutenants... some of them, yes,
perhaps even *several*, but not quite *all* of 'em...)

And, as far as the backpacks go,
I'd like to be able to use brown backpacks with some
of my custom kit-bashed (modern/near-future) military 'figs.
I also use the dark grey backpacks (from the SW Speeder Bike sets),
but the military 'figs I make using dark grey torsos
look a whole lot better with a brown backpack
than with a dark grey backpack.

Thanks,
Franklin