 Pirates / 855
Re: How much are Blue soldiers worth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 20:39:10 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Sergio Guerra writes:

Hello,

I was wondering. How much do complete blue soldiers go for each? This includes
shoulderpads, backpack, hat, cutlass, and pistol. Please email me, not just
post to Lugnet. Thanks.

--==Sergio==--

Just for the others that are curious, it all depends.  I don't like to spend
much over $3.50 for a soldier with shako, epaulettes, musket and backpack.  It
it's missing stuff, my price goes down.  Loonies at auczilla have paid as
much for a shako or backpack as I do for the entire figure.  Less cheap people
or those less patient will pay $5 and sometimes more.  Red soldiers seem to be
running about the same price, but come up in big lots less often.

No, no, no, ignore him.  They're only worth five cents.  Kind soul that I am, I'll
take them all off your hands for a dime each!  ;)

Seriously, though, Bruce is right--they're quite valuable if in excellent
condition.  I've seen them go (and I've bought them) for <$2.00 for worn and
incomplete without shako to $5.00 for perfect condition with shako, musket, and
epaulettes.  YMMV.

best

Lindsay