 Pirates / 4458
4457  |  4459
Subject:
Yo ho ho, a pirate's life for me!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:59:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Aye!

I’ve always been a fan of pirates. Prior to Lego’s official Pirates line I was forced to create my pirate figures with non-Lego material. I leave out the link to those customized figs here.

Anyway, in 1989 Lego came up with real pirates and I was instantly hooked. However, in the long run these official Pirates minifigs are getting somewhat boring.... always the same naked men with printed striped shirts... So now I tried to build new pirate figs that are a bit more elaborated. I’m sure others came up with these Ideas before, but here are mine:

My first attempt had been this figure that was inspired by Captain Jack Sparrow:

And here’s the whole posse:

I found it wasn’t to easy to find fitting minifig torsos that looked suiting to caribbean pirates from the 17th to 18th century.

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of cocoa!
Jojo