 Pirates / 3939
Re: My First Pirate Game GMing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:08:39 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Chris Yoder wrote:

   As a test game, I feel it went well. The rules flowed pretty well. One thing that does bother me. Does grapeshot have a range of 18” like regular shot? The rules say triple range mods, so it seems it would have the same range out to 18, and then drop of in effectiveness real fast after that. Or, does it mean grape has a nominal range of 6 inches? Grape seems rather powerful as we were using it.

Whether grape is “too effective” or not as currently written is the subject of much discussion in ESPG circles. I don’t think there has been any firm conclusion drawn as of yet.