 Pirates / 3708
Re: Scenes from Port Brique
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:52:53 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen Rowe wrote:
   wow, thats a pretty nice port you got there mr dulin! i really like the way that everything is very close to each other, kinda packed in, just like many real ports.

It seemed like plenty of space when I was planning it on paper.... it looked a bit smaller once it was built up to road level (4x5 baseplates, 10 bricks from tide to roadway), and then I began adding buildings...

   it really catches the hustle and bustle feeling of a port town. i also like the cathedral, with the stained glass.

The cathedral is incorrectly placed - it runs east-west, not west-east...

But it does look nice (and hasn’t been struck by lightning yet...)

   sadly, i do not have the means to even make a small port for my ships, so i can just admire your creations. hmmmmm, the grande armee has not arrived yet?;-)

They are en route aboard contracted transports.... unfortunately a slight accomodation problem awaits them (let alone the 50 odd horses they are bringing).

   great work mr dulin!

Thanks!

Adieu

Richie Dulin