 Pirates / 3539
Re: The Colonial Era
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:40:56 GMT

Ahh Mr. Rowe, good to have your support!

   i agree with Mr Tam here. what hollywood generally forgets is that the majority of the american army during this period was made up of everyday people who volunteered for their state’s respective militia. even during the war, there werent really any american “regulars”. i think you have done a good job of conveying that image. :-)

Indeed it was the case -- just as the redcoats often faded to orange and brown on campaign, and so forth. War was never so neatly dressed as it was in the paintings of the time, and the film of today.

Of course I must admit I’ve still got a soft spot for elite regiments like the Coldstream Guards -- who looked splendid in red and fought like demons... at least back in those days!

   Mr Tam, my fleet (even the unposted ships) is always standing by in case the need to assist another british colony ever arises! we can provide armed escorts and fire support if a landing be on the books! ;-) in these troubled times, the pro british must stick together, to dissuade any others from following suitand rising up! yr humble servant

Very glad of the offer, good sir!

And as the enemies of Britannia rise up as spectres against the bright horizons of imperial grace, it will be the Royal Navy and it’s network of stout ships and steadfast sailors that halts the formidable advance of such impressive foes as the Americans and the French at Port Brique!

How’s that for long-winded rhetoric ;-)?

Rule Britannia! :-)

Cheers,

Kenneth Tam Brickley’s Cove http://members.rogers.com/brickleyscove/Home.htm