 Pirates / 3455 (-20)
  6285 modified

Ahoy! (URL) me, I'm a link!>> The 6285 Black Seas Barracuda ("Schwarzhai" in German, i.e. "Black Shark") has been my all-time favourite pirate ship. However, when I got it in 1989 I felt the necessity to make some modifications. For example I didn't (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New ship - La Empresa

(...) Michael, Nice work in capturing the curviness of those early ships! I'd like to see some more closeups on how you accomplished that. I think the ship looks great. I can't comment on the historical accuracy, but it works for me! Nice job (or (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  New ship - La Empresa

Hello all. Long time, no post... This is my first ship in a while. It's supposed to be a Spanish Caravel, and since there's nary a right angle on the things, I've used a few unorthodox methods to try and create some curviness. See watcha think: (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: new Pirates website

(...) Very cool. I remember seeing the Black Hawk in the ISCC last year. It would be good to see her under full sail. The building is very good too. Its cheaper doing stuff like that in CAD, isn't it :) I hope you build the real-life version soon. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

(...) That red skarfed pirate is wrong... perhaps not about the eyepatch pirate cheating, but at least about everybody being disappointed! Very cool! The descriptions of both the HMS Sea Hawk and the Black Hawk are excellent. The Black Hawk is a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Online plans for a Merchant Brig?

(...) -snip- (...) Yes, I think a brig can work well with two (RBR) or three (BSB) centre sections, although, to keep things in proportion to the rest of my fleet, all the brigs I've built (other than an intact BSB) have been two centre section (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Online plans for a Merchant Brig?

(...) Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. (...) OK, that makes sense. I'll probably spend a lot of time looking at the Supply and Demand when I'm building. Looking at the definition of a brig, am I right in saying that the BSB and RBR are brigs? (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

Hello, So, this new site is up. Please, take a look at: (URL) I hope you like it. -- shgg. (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Online plans for a Merchant Brig?

(...) I don't know of any. I'd suggest working from pictures instead, I used pictures of the HMBrig Supply when I build the (URL) HMLBrig Demand>. Given that you have to end up straightening out a lot of the curves anyway, I'm not sure that having (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Online plans for a Merchant Brig?

I was lucky enough to book a 3-hour cruise on the Lady Washington next month, a replica of the Lady Washington brig that was the first American ship to visit the West Coast. (URL) is also currently starring as the Interceptor in Pirates of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New guy and a ship

(...) You've really captured a nice profile there. The curve of the stern castle is really quite graceful. Have you considered using inverse slopes to widen it a bit? More width would really help. I'd also recommend trying your hand at making some (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  New guy and a ship

Hello Pirate Folk! I usually lurk in the .town group and do mainly town building, but I have been interested in pirates lately. A friend of mine dropped off a bucket of misc. pieces, many of which were pirate elements. Ever since I've been tinkering (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) I had the luck of finding someone selling a bunch of ITP sails cheap. I also have a variety of sails from various used LEGO lots (there is a pirate and a dragon sail using the same pattern as the ITP cutter square sail). The wall hanging from (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) I feel about the same, Here is a link to my MOC Cutters: (URL) I am still working on their sails, any suggestioms? Hugh (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) ...<snip>... (...) For me, I prefer to build relatively normal size ships. This is because of my interest in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. I certainly admire the more realistic ships, and might even have an interest in trying my hand at such, but (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: new Pirates website

(...) Avast ye! Actually, it's pretty unlikely that pirates would have said 'crap' at all, that word not having entered the English language (at least, not with that meaning until the mid to late 19th century - well after the pirate heyday. But (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

Well with a beginning like that, how can I *not* wait expectantly? 'Crap' say the pirates? Well, what do they know? : ) Can't wait to see this! Kenneth Tam Brickley's Cove (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: new Pirates website

I look forward to seeing more from this site very soon! -Ben Harris (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

I like the preview picture you have there. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  new Pirates website

Hello, Stay tuned for new Lego Pirates website "The Black Hawk" at: (URL) shgg. (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact