 Pirates / 3455
3454  |  3456
Subject:
6285 modified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:30:21 GMT

Ahoy!

Klick me, I’m a link!

The 6285 Black Seas Barracuda (“Schwarzhai” in German, i.e. “Black Shark”) has been my all-time favourite pirate ship. However, when I got it in 1989 I felt the necessity to make some modifications. For example I didn’t like the big hole in the deck and the lack of a gaffel sail on the main mast. Also the cabin striked me as too Spartanic. So I made some modifications. Later, when Ninja and Adventurers were released, I was able to replace some black parts by brown ones and add a sextant. The ship itself in this state is at least 12 years old, I only took the pictures now.

Back than I had no scruples to alter LEGO parts. So I cut some (quite rare) black battleaxes for grappling hooks, and I glued paper on bricks (to make a compass). Also Minifigs weren’t safe from my cruel hands... The helmsman appearing in one picture from the above gallery was inspired by Guybrush Threepwood, the hero from the Monkey Island™ tetralogy. Maybe you have seen the pictures of my poor mistreated pirate figures before.
Klick me, I’m a link!

Nowadays I never would do such modifications again. Of course. I vow it!

Bye
Jojo