 Pirates / 3410 (-10)
  Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

Ahoy, maties! Shiver me timbers! 19 Sept is Talk Like a Pirate Day! (URL) can I say but "Arrr!"?! Kerry (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Lol, well, I've been active on many online communities in my time with most of them being oh so much less friendly than Lugnet. However, posting on Lugnet was the first time I ever consented to give my full legal name away online. I know that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Actually, I debated for some time whether or not to retain the foresail. In end I opted to do so simply because it gave the ship a bit of length and added a bit of 'structure' to the front the the vessel without me needing to expand the front (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

Hello! (...) Welcome, this courage is always appreciated! And I don't know if much courage is needed to poste here. Nobody will rip off your head if he doesn't like your creations. And nobody has to be ashamed still playing with LEGO: We all do that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Nice work.The colour scheme is great, and the extended oars really look the part. To be pedantic, triangular foresails are not particularly castle-ish. Also, you can avoid fabric sails fraying if you glue along the cutting line (PVA glue is (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Who says nobody builds ships?

Hello hello! My name is Benjamin Harris and I'm a new poster here. I've been lurking for several years now, but I finally decided to work up the courage to share a couple of my creations with the folks here at Lugnet. Anyway, since both creations (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) In no particular order The tall ships on Sydney Harbour - especially the Bounty replica. Which I often got close to (sometimes almost too close to) when sailing with my late father. Maritime Museums. I love museums generally, but particularly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) My inspirations are rather all over the place, not from any one area. 1) Haratio Hornblower (A&E special TV series, very well done!) 2) Nelson's Navy -great reference book about the height of the British Navy 3) Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  What inspires you?

It was mentioned in a thread recently that inspiration for building pirate stuff is not as common as other threads. But if we all share our favorite movies, books, songs(?), etc then perhaps we can help inspire someone else. So list your 5 favorite (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) -snip- (...) Thanks! The Demand is now fitted out with a suit of blue and white sails, and is looking even nicer (IMHO!). Although the number of nice looking British ships is not to be sneezed at. (Surely, they're all regflagged frenchmen, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact