 Pirates / 3402
  What inspires you?

It was mentioned in a thread recently that inspiration for building pirate stuff is not as common as other threads. But if we all share our favorite movies, books, songs(?), etc then perhaps we can help inspire someone else. So list your 5 favorite (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) My inspirations are rather all over the place, not from any one area. 1) Haratio Hornblower (A&E special TV series, very well done!) 2) Nelson's Navy -great reference book about the height of the British Navy 3) Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) In no particular order The tall ships on Sydney Harbour - especially the Bounty replica. Which I often got close to (sometimes almost too close to) when sailing with my late father. Maritime Museums. I love museums generally, but particularly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

Sorry, owing to my whirlwind posting spree I'm going to economize this: 1. "Nelson and his Captains", by Ludvic Kennedy -- just great entertainment (with history)! 2. Naval history in general -- from Athens to Japan, it all draws me back to the sea. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)