 Pirates / 3350 (-10)
  Re: custom sails

(...) thats some good advice, thanks! i think i will try to stiffen my material up, so it will hold better. i did not think about the cardboard template, but i will try it! i am trying to build accurate sails for the period, and have to figure the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: custom sails

(...) i wonder if they have that at my local fabric store. :-) the stuff i have right now is a heavy 100% cotton canvass. it is relatively stiff, but i may try to stiffen it up. (...) i found that 2x1 plates with the rod attached perpendicular to it (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC pirate ships

(...) <snip> (...) Richard Parsons used a combination of shorter and longer mast parts for the Agamemnon (see (URL) The short top mast sections have a vertical row of studs). Hmmm... looking at the pics there may still be a shortage of arm mounting (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: custom sails

In lugnet.pirates, Tom Reed writes: (Some good advice on sail making). Just a couple of extra points - The product I used for the Misérable and the Intracty was a US product called "Stiffie" (!) I used a standard paper hole punch for the rigging (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: custom sails

(...) Hi Steve, What I've found that works best for punching holes is a leather punch tool! It looks like a set of pliers only it has a wheel on the end. It allows you to select different sizes for the holes by dialing the wheel to the correct size. (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  custom sails

hi! i have come to an impasse. i am trying to build custom sails for my ships, but have hit a couple of difficulties. first, what does one use to punch or cut holes to mount them, and how do you cut them so they bulge correctly? i have tried a (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC pirate ships

(...) >>Frank (...) Unix is a computer operating system. It predates Windows, MacOS, etc. The joke here is that any file that starts with a . is a hidden file in Unix. Since you've delurked you're no longer hidden so you should remove the dot : P (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC pirate ships

(...) thank you very much for the compliment, but im sorry, i am not sure what Unix is. (...) thanks steve (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC pirate ships

(...) thank you very much! you are too kind. i was happy with them because they were my first ships, but my second genereation is far better. i have built 2 that are more accurate, and have better designs. (...) i studied this period because this (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC pirate ships

(...) thank you very much! (...) actually, the cmaller one was reincarnated into the larger one. at the height, i had 6 CC's. i actually sold the large blue one on ebay to continue to fund my building of red ones, and i sold the unused CC also. (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact