 Pirates / 3348
Re: MOC pirate ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 05:51:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen Rowe writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes: • <snip>
I'm very impressed (and will ponder the pics at length in due course). One
comment on the rigs - where you have seperate mainmasts and topmasts, the
topmast should be in front of the mainmast.

you are right. i considered that, but if you can see in the pics, when
turned around, the masts have a distinct lack of points on which to mount
the crossmembers, so i had to turn them around. if anyone has a better way
of doing it, please help!

Richard Parsons used a combination of shorter and longer mast parts for the
Agamemnon (see http://ozbricks.com/portblock/aga/welcome.htm). The short top
mast sections have a vertical row of studs).

Hmmm... looking at the pics there may still be a shortage of arm mounting
points. :-(

Cheers

Richie Dulin