 Pirates / 3347
Re: custom sails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 23:39:20 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tom Reed writes:
(Some good advice on sail making).

Just a couple of extra points -

The product I used for the Misérable and the Intracty was a US product
called "Stiffie" (!)

I used a standard paper hole punch for the rigging holes. The paper hole
punch won't work very well on unstiffened fabric.

I ran out of ball joints to rig the sales with - I find 1x1 plates with
clips (vertical or horizontal) work well, 1x1 plates with rings work a bit
too well (ie they're too tight) and 2x1 plates with handles work less well.

Cheers

Richie Dulin