 Pirates / 3310
Re: Misérable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 05:30:24 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
Good lord.

Warning to all British ships: stay out of the South Pacific unless well
protected... : )

Yes. The British Ambassador has been given a personal tour, and I think
he'll be recommending that the soon to arrive British sloop-of-war is doing
nothing but diplomacy...

Excellent work, really. A standard set for us all, I should think. Her lines
very much remind me of a French frigate -- very smooth indeed. Altogether,
Misérable is a menace. She much be extrodinarily quick and those guns are...
menacing.

Thank you. Fourteen cannon lined up side by side on the gun deck is an
impressive sight - even if it is a squeeze. And even with only two men per
gun plus officers on a single broadside, it is quite squeezy below.

Hmm... cutters could outrun her... but what about gun power...

The hull is *very* thick, six pounders will hardly scratch the paint, and
nine pounders will probably bounce off. And anything cutter sized caught in
the broadside will be useful only for matchsticks.

*brain trying to figure out where one can find more masts and get a-building
: )*

Figure harder!

Hegemony in the South Pacific must feel *good*! And well deserved indeed –
brilliant stuff, as ususal!

Thanks!

Cheers

Richie Dulin