 Pirates / 3304
Re: Misérable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:44:14 GMT

One of the better representations of a small frigate that I have seen.  The
sails have been exceptionally well-done - the proportions of squeezing in
five set with the royals and sky-sails is most impressive.  Another touch I
like is the boat mounted inside the cutter to save space, as was typical in
reality.  Jibs in general replaced sprit-sails - any reason for including
both?  Just for fun, or is there a time-frame where both were used?

-->Bruce<--

Oh, and a thanks to The Power That Be for inserting spam-blockers in the
email listings!

If you have a moment, check out the Misérable page at
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/rd/miserable .

A simple preview is available at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/mis/0miserable.jpg, which should
give you a taste for this remarkable vessel.

Build on! Sail on!

Richie Dulin