 Pirates / 2397
Re: Ranks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:45:53 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Andrzej M. Szlaga writes:
Hello Josiah,

On 04-Nov-01 (Sunday) you wrote:

  I don't know if I could name them all; in the age of Pirates,
  *everyone* was pretty rank!

I don't get it, but, hey, thanks! ;D

Rank... as in odoriferous, smelly, stinky. Odor de Pirate... Gotta
love it!!

Yep, I've checked in the dictionary... Well, Mr Braun, you shouldn't
laugh at poor little guy, who don't speak English as good as you do ;)

   No, I wasn't laughing at you, not at all.  I was just
   making a pun--a highly developed lowbrow art form in
   English in particular, because we take our words from
   so many different languages.  My favorite Polish term
   is "packzi."  Mmmmmm!  (Poles do Catholicism *right*!)  :)

   best

   LFB