 Pirates / 2091
Re: Which set is this Pirate found in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:05:48 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
If you watch the pirate minifig auctions on eBay, you may find this
figure. I have at least one I got from a minifig lot separately from
6277 or 6286 (the cause of which allowed me to not be too worried about
the minifigs being missing from the 6286 which was in the AucZilla 500
sets auction). You may also want to watch eBay for 6277. I've got three
copies, all for a reasonable price (my first in fact was below MSRP). Of
course we should all hope for 6286 and 6277 in the Legends line. I
wonder if TLC would be open to a Legends or Heroes line of minifigs,
though it would require quite a few sets. The following might be a
limited number of sets:

- soldiers (2 red, 2 blue, extra parts so all 4 can be made as soldiers,
or one as an officer)

- crew (red & white striped, blue & white striped, red & black striped,
blue coat w/red & white stripes - for example:
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/pirates/minifig/bluelaceshirt-3.html
)

- heroes (pirate lady, 6277/6286 torso guy, green vest, 1747 guy [like
in
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/pirates/minifig/bluecoat-1.html
])

- islanders (1 king kahuka, 1 lady, 2 regular, 1 extra hair [so king
kahuka can be made into a regular islander)

That covers all the figures (well, torsos) I think except the two
captains and the two admirals. Those could be in another set. Oh, it
also doesn't cover the armada figures.

Too bad it just doesn't look like one or two sets could be made which
would satisfy most needs.

Thanks for the additional tips.  I have started trying to keep my eye open
for that fig (and a couple of other ones that can be used as generic 18th
century civilians) in ebay auctions.  So far the only one I saw it in was
the one you probably saw the other day with about 20 mini-figs and a
starting price of $89. I was not surprised to see that no one bid on that
auction at all.  I'll keep my eye out though.

At the risk of attracting the ire of others let me just quickly insert a
commerical message and say that if anyone has that fig and is willing to
sell it they can e-mail me directly.  (sorry for that)

Your idea about a Legends Line of Mini-Figs is awesome.  It's hard to
imagine that sales for sets of Imperial Soldiers would be anything less than
awesome. I also would be snapping up Islander sets and the Heroes too (the
figs you mentioned for that set are the other ones I've also been trying to
acquire but with much better luck than I've had with Mr. Fancy Shirt).

I guess it doesn't hurt to dream...

Greg