 Pirates / 1935 (-20)
  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) More to the point: Shooting or non-shooting cannon? Or will they split 'em up again? all best Lindsay XFUT -> .pirates (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Good News for Us pirate fans!

The Red Beard Runner, Armada Falgship, and the Enchanted Island are coming back! I can't wait. I will build a large Armada flagship. I never had the heart to go on ebay and buy one for 70 bucks. (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) 20 dollars!?!?! man i wish it was that way here. i got my four at 50 dollars a piece. I still have one in the box i was considering reselling in a few years, but i guess with the re-release it wont be worth enough. might as well crack it open (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Exactly. THIS is technic: (URL) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: (Brad Justus? Please respond)Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Well Aaron, I am in the UK and was just as excited as you, so I went to my local Lego retailer and they confirmed that they were aware of some special sets that are scheduled for release later this year. Although they did not have images the (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

please, please, PLEASE bring back the Skulls Eye Schooner!!! i don't want to have to pay $350 each for them... Roy (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  (Brad Justus? Please respond)Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Is LEGO really reissuing old sets? Can we expect an official answer? I can only assume that all information circulating is true as we should have heard from one of the LEGO representatives that seem to read and respond SO frequently here on (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) If you call what they have there Technic, you don't understand the concept and are too young to know what Technic was/is supposed to be.... take no offense... though what they have listed under technic is a bunch of crap... throwbots are NOT (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!? (Now go CRAZY!!!)

Now go C R A Z Y !!! Thanx for confirmin’ this for us Jimmy…you were right, this ‘IS’ b i g . (...) What do you mean by ‘technically,’ are you aware of other specific sets that are gonna be reintroduced. Possible the ~North American versions.~ (I (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

My heart's pounding, i'm sweating, butterflys in my stomach, July, why July!? If this is it, I want it now! Imagine the possibities, finnaly some great sailing ships for my town. Maybe even some good town sets, that great gas station, my luck they'd (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Well, I suppose technically, this is part of the July surprise. (...) I sincerely doubt this is old stock. They are re-releasing some older sets. Jimmy Park (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) It's too bad you didn't find one on clearance! They were being sold for $20 apiece or so in my state towards the end of their shelf life. (...) Don't let my sour post hamper your enjoyment of the set! I think that any of the large pirate ships (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I'm afraid I have agree. I obtained the forklift, for example, as a discounted set sold as a Shop at Home Special. Why would Lego reintroduce a set in new packaging that it had to discount to get rid of in the USA??? Daniel (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) I suppose you could look at it like that, (personally, I don't own one, not because of design, but because I couldn't afford one at the time that they were generally available). What interests me (and probably most other Pirateers, new and (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Why aren't we going crazy? I think someone already has! Lego HAVEN'T dropped the Technic line and it IS on the website, if you know where to look. (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) Blaaagg! Why are they reissuing set 6289 Red Beard Runner? That was the final "large ship" in the line, and notorious for the poor design quality compared to earlier pirate ships. It'd make more sense for them to reissue one of the first (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Crazy? Perhaps a bit of an overstatement, but I'm excited to see those new (old) Pirate ships and that Technic front end loader! Lego has completely dropped the Technic line, its not on their website and only a tiny number are in the last catalog I (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) I agree. During my dark ages I would still go into toy shops and while I didn't buy anything I seemed to have impeccable taste. The sets I would have bought were the pirate ships and original space shuttle launch pads sets. Sets which sell for (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) If you didn't get one word of that, let me interpret: EITHER PIRATES ARE (...) Some thoughts why I am not going crazy: - Last year a lot of #6280 were sold at a german toy shop chain, although the Pirate theme wasn´t listed in the catalogue (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Man, you have NO IDEA how crazy this is making me!!! I am freakin' out trying to figure out how to finance the new Potter line, part sets to buy from current stock, anticipation of new Star Wars and Castle, and NOW I have to concern myself with the (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact