 Pirates / 1545 (-20)
  Re: 6285 vs. 6286....

(...) Here here. The BSB is far better than the SES. Then again, considering that I used to own a BSB and I cant remember ever seeing a SES except as pictures online that might affect my judgement :) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6285 vs. 6286....

(...) Short answer: read down to my thoughts on ships on this page: (URL) was derived from this post: (URL) reasons why I rate 6285 higher: - more subdued color scheme (says the creator of the HMS Bugsplat - a green and yellow ship - (URL) ) - the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast bases

(...) I'm not fully 100% serious. Actually I'm considering using them as tall steampipes for paddle steamers--we'll see how it turns out. best LFB (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6285 vs. 6286....

(...) Oh man, and here I am out the door. Hold that thought.... Bruce (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  re: 6285 vs. 6286....

Hi, it's Jono..... I've been noticing that there has been NO even RELATIVELY interesting talk here!!!!! ...lol......anyhow, I figured I'd start something up: Which set do you think is better, the 6285 BSB, or the 6286 SES?? Give reasons why. Jono (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  a pirate's cure for baldness

Wear a hat! Arrrrrr!!!! ;-) Before: "(URL) After: "(URL) Actually, this is my admittedly silly way of letting you know that I've just posted a lego-CAD data file for the pirate's tricorner hat ("(URL) Franklin ===== Franklin Cain (and please do (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast bases

(...) I would also. I think the twist is enough to make the rigging not work too well. (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast bases

(...) <snip> (...) If you're serious, I'll swap you mine for a 'normal' one... J (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast bases

(...) Now that the search engine is back online, he can! :) Aaaanyways, I finally got one of these crooked mast bases. They're all the 9H (I think) sort, as I've never had a crooked short one. I got the parts from a Mr Kanehl :), so there's no clue (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast bases

(...) Hello Benjamin Search for 'crooked mast' to find the discussion about these masts. Henrik (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Mast bases

Just wondering if anone could enlighten me as to which sets [if any] had a mast base that has the 4 'dints' for the mast to sit in on an angle to the sides of the mast base, instead of being front, back, left and right? I got a mast like this in a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  HES Valhalla

Hi all, Just a quick off-topic for those with an heretical bent: The largely MB MOC HES Valhalla (a 1940s Escort Carrier) has her own page over at Port Block Yards ((URL) all welcome :-) Careful with your replies (to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sinbad and his Flying Carpet

(...) I looked at the figs, and I think the Han Solo that comes with the skiff comes the closest, thanks for the info - Jon (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sinbad and his Flying Carpet

(...) Sorry, it's an "exclusive edition" (i.e., non-existent) pattern. ;-) FWIW, I could send you the DAT files if you'd like. OTOH, you could use one of the other Pirate torso patterns, such as the "green vest" White torso, or even the "Han Solo w/ (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sinbad and his Flying Carpet

I have to hand it to you, that's pretty cool. Is the torso your own creation, or is it available is a set? jon (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Sinbad and his Flying Carpet

Here's an idea I had. "(URL) haven't finished encoding the "special effects" props for making this "fly" in "real life". Basically, it's connected to a short Technic axle (via a 2x2 round brick underneath the carpet) which is then connected to a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

As a PS to that last post, I wonder how well the Dark Forest sets sold? THat was an update of an earlier cancelled subtheme. They brought it back mostly the same as it was when it left, just updated, and with a few new characters. I don't recall it (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

(...) You are right on this one, The fright knights weren't that bad, although, the minute I think of good sets in that line, The Catapult, the Night Lords castle, I keep remembering everything that had to do with that witch! I mean, as a minifig I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

(...) Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding! Correct! What do we have for him Johnny? I fell the exact same way! I slowed down my Lego buying rate 300% that year because of no more pirates. If it wasn't for the new aquazone and ninja that year, I would've quit Lego (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

I don't neccessarily mind it either , but they wouldn't have had to do it if they focused more on quality. If we are still wondering if they had to do it? Well take away the sales profits incurred by the sale of SW Lego sets, and TLC would be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact