 Pirates / 1528
Re: 1998-The Black Year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 06:21:25 GMT

Town was juniorized but not fright knights. The pieces were not prefab or
new, as the pieces were already used in previous themes excluding minifig
accessories. The Fright Knights weren't that bad.

You are right on this one, The fright knights weren't that bad, although,
the minute I think of good sets in that line, The Catapult, the Night Lords
castle, I keep remembering everything that had to do with that witch!  I
mean, as a minifig I liked Willa, but her flying machine?  THat was like
seven whole pieces, and that "Magic Manor?" WHOA, should have been called
"Land of a thousand burps"!  So I guess what I mean by juniorised I should
have called "Burped"

They newer generation of pirates weren't bad, YOU just don't like them.

Oh I do really like the newer pirate sets.  THe Armada flagship is one of my
favorite sets despite it's meager  weaponry.  I love those pointy Morion
helmets, and the Silver breastplates.  The Green torso is great for making
Distinguished citizens for my colonies.  I just don't like Shipwreck Island
#2.  I t wasn't very original or imaginative in My opinion.  THe Little
boats werent very inspired either.

Lego needs to make better sets before pirates return. Otherwise, they would
be crap and noone would buy them. If they do come back, I hope they keep
Captain Red beard and the Imperial Guards/Armada idea, not make new characters.

YOu are soooo right on this one.  If they radically change the formula here
they could really ruin it.  Maybe a little more variety with the pirate
torso's, another good thing about the '96-'97 year. and some good neutral
sets like a tavern, or another trading post!  Keep those soldiers coming!  JOn