 Pirates / 1371
Re: Shooting cannons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:40:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tim Coats writes:

There were a few early ones in the US that had the firing mechanism parts
without the spring.  In other words they were disabled

  Is this information accurate?  I have two spring-firing cannons, both of
which I acquired from a 15-year-old who was entering his Dark Age.  He assured
me he'd never been out of the country, nor had he knowingly purchased any
overseas sets.
  I wonder if he simply bought an imported set without realizing it, perhaps
at KB or the like.  In any case, he was definitely able to acquire spring-
firing cannons in the US.

     Dave!