 Pirates / 1099
Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 01:12:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Are they worth $400?  Not in my estimation.  Why would someone pay that much?
Because they value it more than I do, or they are more impatient than I am to
get a good price, or they demand a mint-in-the-sealed box version (and they • are
still paying too much in my estimation) or perhaps it is a special gift and
they have to have it NOW, they haven't researched the prices very well, or • they
have lots of money and it really isn't that big a deal to them.

Thanks to everyone for their input!! I hadn't thought of a few things. I can
understand the gift thing.  Perhaps they are a parent or relative wanting to
get that perfect gift that a child or adult for that matter has asked for
specifically.  That's why they want it MISB and are willing to pay lots for.
Sometimes we are willing to pay WAY too much for gifts for our loved ones just
because we know that it is something they really want.  Good Point, Bruce.