 Pirates / 1097
Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Corrine Pearce writes:
I just wondered if BSBs were now worth $400 and if not why would anyone spend
that much on ebay to get one? I would love to hear reasons why someone would
pay so much for one.  I do love BSBs but... Is it a good investment? or what?
Corrine

Hi Corinne

The BSB is a very nice set and has been an object of cult for many lego
collectors.
It is quite difficult now to find a MISB set, and this may in part explain the
very high value sometimes seen on ebay.
It is not difficult  to find used set in good condition at a fair price, just
try to avoid the ones that have been owned by heavy smokers as the sail cloth
will smell for years :)  Just check for the few special pieces and the sails to
be  present and in good condition.
If it is worth $400 ... well it all depends on how much you want it and how
much are worth $400 for you ... but anyway this is more than 3 times the
original value ...
I seriously doubt Lego Direct will ever sell boat hulls or sails or some very
special brick and the BSB will most likely never put back in production, so
year after year we will have always less MISB sets ...

If you are looking for a set to play with and you may accept that someone
else played with it before you, my suggestion is to be patient and to look
around: you may find very good used set and save some money to buy more Lego

Marco