 Pirates / 1023
Re: Pirate minifig question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ross McCullough writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

The French could then fight with or against the English, depending on when • you
place them.  Then the French, being the "stylish" ones, could wear the fore-
and-aft bicorn, and the English, being the real fighters, could wear it
athwartships.

Ahhhhh, like Nelson....and Napoleon!  Stylish English officers went
fore-and-aft, dunno about the French.

And as we all know, it was the Irish that were the real fighters anyway. :-P

Bruce

Meant to lable the stylish as French, not the French as stylish.  Those
aristocratic "fighters" are a lot of pansies, and don't deserve to deserve to
be labeled English.  Though the Duke of Wellington was an aristocrat...

???

Oh, was that first sentence supposed to mean: Meant to label the stylish
*English* officers as French?

They were traitors?  The French were pansies?  No pansies are English?
Americans kicked their candy sterncastles anyway.  :-)

Bruce