 Pirates / 1011
1010  |  1012
Subject:
Pirate minifig question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:46:20 GMT

I've been reading the Hornblower stories (and I watched the A&E miniseries)
and I've decided to change my "classification" of the Pirate minifigs.  I
think something more realistic would be:

Blue soldiers: Replace shako with bicorn hat, naval officers
Red Soldiers: Marines
Striped shirted pirates: Naval "enlisted" personnel
All others: Pirates

It just seems to make more sense this way.  Instead of having ships crewed
entirely by soldiers, you have a couple of officers, a squad a Marines, and a
bunch of types that were rounded up by the press gangs to do the manual labor.

Does this make sense to other people?  Am I off-base historically?  Just
wondering if I've interpeted the readings I've done correctly.