 People / 860
Re: Is the spacestation dead...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:22:41 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

Rick Kujawa wrote in message ...
I have some pictures of my modular system (not terribly clear) at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/zacktron/Transport/

Tim,  I couldn't see any docking pass through in these pictures.

Ya... I didn't take pictures of it.  But there's a 3-4 tall x 4 wide opening
for a passthrough between the gray/white module and the white cockpit
module - and it has doors on 1x2 hinge bricks to close flush with the
exterior.  Sorry I don't have anything made up to show detail on it.
They're connected to each other by 2 technic pegs, but that's not strong
enough to hold.  The overhead black rail inserts in a groove in the gray
module and snaps in via 2 technic axles, for a very firm hold.

What other modular designs are you referring to?

Can't recall right now, but they where very "legoy" looking.

Hmmm....

Tom McDonald's M3?? (Baylug Space, I believe).  Though boxy, he has done an
*excellent* job with multifunctional modules, including his node which
allows multiple levels of modules attached.  I've seen this system in
person, it *rocks*!

Still....if you have a good amount of Technic, beams would work great for
making a station superstructure with girders.  Appropriate crossbracing • and
developing a system which a module can mount on would make for a sturdy
station and allow more versatility like minifig passthrough.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Neither can I :)  Right now I don't have much time to be working on
engineering something of that sort - getting ready to go away to school in
the fall and also doing improvements to ldraw.org and working on a website
for the startup I'm a part of.  So I don't guarantee anything...

School?  I don't recall you mentioning this at the 'fest.  Where are you headed?

XFUT -> .people