 People / 812
Re: Hello
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:02:27 GMT

In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.people, Michael Zander writes:
Hello everyone,

I'd just like to post a quick introductory message. I've been lurking for a
few weeks, but now I've decided to post.

Hi - welcome here!

A little bit about me:

I'm 14, and live in Arizona (U.S.A.). (An awkward age for a Lego fan, but it
seems there are others here that share my age, or at least near it.)

Yeah, although we're not the majority here or nowhere near it, there are quite
a few JrFOLs (as some people like to call them - I don't...), basically I
think 12-18 is probably the toughest age for lego; even adults are beginning
to get recognition, I mean, look at all the local LUGs and such...

Teenagers still have peer pressure (believe me, I know, I'm 16), and it's
tough. I had a year or two of "dim ages", but luckily snapped out of it
quickly.

I'm 18, and still get weird looks when I buy lego, and when I tell people that
I still play, create, if you will, with lego.  But, they change their tune
when I tell them that there are lego sets that many of them had as children
that sell for 10-20 times retail value now. ;-)

<snippage>

My areas of interest are Castle (The medieval ages have always been a great
interest for me.)

We have that in common, then. I'm a killer for castle...

Great, me too!  So, should we be expecting you in Castle World soon? ;-)

<s'more snippage>

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. Also, is there any
subjects that should be avoided, and/or general tips that I should know?

Hehe... stay away from Larry in .debate ;-)

I'll second that.  Oh, dear, I'm suprised you didn't say "Join CW!!!" ;-)

There isn't much I can tell you, I'm sure you'll discover things as you go
along. And if not, you can always ask something in lugnet.faq!

-Shiri

Glad to have you on board!
-Chris