 People / 810
Re: Hello
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 02:46:10 GMT

In lugnet.people, Michael Zander writes:
Hello everyone,

I'd just like to post a quick introductory message. I've been lurking for a
few weeks, but now I've decided to post.

Hi - welcome here!

A little bit about me:

I'm 14, and live in Arizona (U.S.A.). (An awkward age for a Lego fan, but it
seems there are others here that share my age, or at least near it.)

Yeah, although we're not the majority here or nowhere near it, there are quite
a few JrFOLs (as some people like to call them - I don't...), basically I
think 12-18 is probably the toughest age for lego; even adults are beginning
to get recognition, I mean, look at all the local LUGs and such...

Teenagers still have peer pressure (believe me, I know, I'm 16), and it's
tough. I had a year or two of "dim ages", but luckily snapped out of it
quickly.

<snip>
(Mm, sounds like I'm bragging
here, sorry.:( )

Hey, no prob, sounds like you got a *great* deal, I'm jealous but glad fer
ya ;-)

(now... what's your address... and leave the back door unlocked at nights
<grin>)

The problem is though, there are zero instructions.

You might want to try printing them - in B&W, I bet, would be good enough.

My other problem
is space. I have no idea where to keep all my new, built, Legos.

Well, you can always take them apart... that makes up room, and just stuffing
them in bins works after that, if you're too lazy to sort... (like moi ;-)

My areas of interest are Castle (The medieval ages have always been a great
interest for me.)

We have that in common, then. I'm a killer for castle...

and Town. (Not these new Junior Town sets though, ugh.)

Course not... I'd love some classic town if I could get my hands on some, but
I can't, and anyway, I'm on castle now.

I'm
still kicking myself for not asking for the Black Monarch's Castle when I was
younger. (I was to afraid to request it, because it cost so much.)

Ugh - ouch. Same here... I didn't even ask for the BIG sets... boy...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. Also, is there any
subjects that should be avoided, and/or general tips that I should know?

Hehe... stay away from Larry in .debate ;-)

There isn't much I can tell you, I'm sure you'll discover things as you go
along. And if not, you can always ask something in lugnet.faq!

-Shiri