 People / 3916
3915  |  3917
Subject:
Master Builder contest experiences...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:38:46 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

What with the prelims being over now, and the proliferation of Lugnetters on the list, I thought it would be kinda cool for the finalists to share their experiences.

As for me, it was a far more terrifying thing than I expected. I knew about the basics of the build (45 minutes, 2000 bricks, etc.) beforehand, so that wasn’t much of surprise. What was surprisng was how fast I was. Apparently my nervousness awakened some mutant high-speed power, because before the first fifteen minutes were up I had already finished my main model. I ended up building a bunch of flowers as filler, but I worried the whole time that the bird would be too small. Luckily, the worm came to me at the last minute, and I rebuilt the bird’s eyes to look at it.

The worst moment? Just as I started, a guy at another table was being interviewed. He had almost nothing on his baseplate, and was lamenting his freezeup under pressure.

The best moment? Though I didn’t realize it at the time, getting to talk to Dan (one of the Master Builders) beforehand really helped me relax and prepare for the build.

So. Anyone else want to share?

-jeremiah-