 General / 44903
Re: Master Builder contest experiences...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:31:11 GMT

Hey Jeremiah, and all the other LMB Finaliasts, Look forward to meeting all the other finalists and such in a week!

For me I actually was disappointed that this final (SD) didn’t happen at LegoLand itself, but oh well, still no biggie.

I have family in SD and make a trip down at least 4 times a year, currently averaging about 20+lbs. of brick being mailed back home every time I head down there. I’m sure this trip will not be any different.

Honestly the Build off was fun, I felt no pressure with the time, finishing the MOC of the Wreath in about 20 minutes. What you can’t see from the photo, is I actually built a stand to hold the Baseplate upright as it is, there are some small indications of it at the bottom of the Baseplate if you look carefully. The rest of it was just getting the right parts from the mass pile left on the table, for the other parts of the entire “display”. I had a few minutes to start putting what I hadn’t used back in the tub.

I was a little surprised when they called most of the Model Builders from the park into the room to check out my finished themed build. I got a lot of comments on the fact that out of all the builders they had seen up to the SD build off, no one had thought to use the baseplate in the manner I choosen. I guess that part of it was unique. Can’t say.

Otherwise, I think the Finals will be fun. And while I know were all cordial now, once the stopwatch starts we’ll all be competitors.

So in the spirit of competition! Good Luck to All of you, Let’s let the bricks fly! Cheers! Todd Kubo