 People / 3176
Re: I'll be back when LUGNET has less flame. I've had enough.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:11:46 GMT

"Aaron West" <blacktron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
To the LUGNET community,
This is going to be my last time posting here on LUGNET until I feel that
this place becomes worth the effort.  The constant flaming, bickering, and
attitudes of some posts do not reflect what I come here for.  The feeling • I
get from LUGNET takes away from the enjoyment of my hobby when this • happens.
I know you are not all to blame, but I really need a break from this place
or I will end up becoming bitter and disgusted with the whole brick in
general.  That is to say that I may cruise for news, but I will not be
participating in anything related to LUGNET until that lump in my stomach
goes away.  That may be a long time the way things look here.  I'll still • be
working on my castle, chess set and space battlecruiser, but you won't • here
it from me here.
Thanks to those who care.

This is one of the only dramatic farewell speeches (TM) I've ever thought
about replying to.  Anyway, here goes:

Whats the deal with you (and others) feeling you're so inundated by
flame-wars and long bickering threads?  Why not just ignore them?  I've
participated here since '99 and I've only read part of *one* 'Flame-War'.
And thats because I started it. ;-) (Bionicle Avatars)

This isn't some ignorance is bliss stance IMO.  I come here for LEGO, not to
argue about silly issues and *certainly* not to be affected by other
people's rants.

And please don't try to throw this back at me by saying I'm starting an
argument myself-- after all I'm really trying to get you (or others) to
stick around.  Yes my 'dramatic farewell speech' comment is pretty sarcastic
but these type of posts have bugged me for years.

-Jon