 People / 3103
Re: What's going on in the LEGO world?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.people, John Henry Kruer writes:

Yeah.  I agree.  There's some good stuff online, and hey, I've grown up with
late 1990's and 2000's Legos, and I'm doing fine.  If you can afford it, try
bricklink or ebay!  Parts are doing pretty good this year: lots of sets with
nice parts.  However the sets (most of them, exept for legends and trains)
themselves are,well, horrible.

Ebay and Lugnet are about the only thing that have kept me building, or for
that matter, out of my dark age. I'm doing fine myself, as well. For the
last year or so, I have avoided Bionicle, Jack Stone, etc, and focused my
building talents on Star Wars, Harry Potter and Ninja parts. However, It
seems as though Lego has strayed from innovative themes, to mindless, and
sometimes borrible outages such as the aforementioned (i.e bionicle)

There seems to be two sides  of Lego: the consumer, cost-efficient side that
makes Bionicle, Harry potter, Racers, etc, and then Lego Direct, with
Legends, classics bulk packs, and great train sets.  I think theres hope as
long as there's Lego direct!

I only go with Lego direct. I've completely lost my faith in the stores for
sets, now. Heck, my local walmart (which used to be my primary source of
Legos), hasn't seen my presence in the lego aisle for several years. Now,
only Ebay, Lugnet, Bricklink and, of course, Lego direct can fill that void.

As for Lugnet, I think (even though I'm a newbie) that its still good.
There's been some 'episodes,' but Lugnet is pretty much the same.  Please
come back!

Ah, I'm not leaving for that matter, I guess I just got a little offhand on
my replies. You see, I like to write (It's a hobby of mine, actually), and
I'm surrently writing a novel on my Lego sig fig, so when I reply to
something, I try to put my real opinion on it,

John Kruer

p.s. Matt Hein, how old are you?  (just an idle question)

Hey, I'm only 17.

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112