 People / 3089
Re: Builders' Status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:55:19 GMT

Hey Paul.  Thanks for the update!  A very informative post.  Its cool to
know that you've got some plans for your ships.  I really look forward to
seeing some more creations from you, even if you make them before your
project is done. Even if you just post 1 or 2 pics of your ships thats still
better than nothing.

Thanks again!
(Thats 2 builders..anyone else?)

-Jon
--
| The Galactic Shipyard - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/GS/
| My Lego Creations - http://www.dallas.net/~jpalmer/lego/
| Attack of the Bricks - http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jpalmer

"Paul Baulch" <paul@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message

-Paul Baulch  (its your duty to post new big ships to .space :-)

Wow! I'm very flattered, considering how few pictures (and few MOCs, • really)
I've posted to LUGNET. I've also tended to spend less time reading LUGNET • in
the last year or so. More worryingly, I've been devoting less time to
building with Lego...  :-(

So why don't I post enough pictures? Well, there are a variety of reasons:
1. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to pictures, I'll take • several
and throw all but a couple away. I really want to get the best out of my
digital camera that I can, but I really need some other equipment to do
that, and I can't afford it... yet.
2. A couple of years ago, I had an idea to present my MOCs as a
storybook/comic (an idea that many have had independently, of course). The
downside of this is that generally to do an interesting story it's very
useful to have a decent number of ships and props and at least a couple of
sets. This takes a very long time and frankly, all the ships I want for my
story are nowhere near completed, but I still feel that I want to refrain
from presenting MOCs until the whole storybook is ready.
3. I'm a computer programmer, and have more recently found hobby • programming
to be a distraction from Lego that takes a lot of my spare time.
4. I spent a lot of time sorting for a few months, as I let a huge backlog
of unsorted Lego accumulate.

Anyway, I've still done a fair bit with Lego for the last twelve months...
mostly rebuilding or modifying existing ships as I get new ideas about • them,
and also building props and a couple of sets. I've been building microfig
versions of the larger ships, that was an idea I had about presenting
different frames of the story at different scales.
I'll consider modifying my story a bit so that the early part of it uses
what I've already built. I'll also try to get some pictures done of the
smaller ships I've made - I know they're not as exciting as larger ships,
but it'll have to do for now...  :-)

--
Cheers,
Paul