 People / 2967
2966  |  2968
Subject:
A flashback from my talkative age
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:00:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear lugnet:

Boy, today has been such a flashback for me. It's been a day taken out from
two years ago and randomly stuck in this year! I haven't had so much time on
my hands since about May or June 2000. My tests are over, the new semester
doesn't start for two weeks, my parents are in Boston (that's definitely
taken from two years ago ;-) and everyone I know is busy. Result? A
talkative day!

I can't believe there was a time that I posted about half of the posts in
lugnet.castle per day. I can't believe I had hours upon hours to spend,
reading pretty much every group in lugnet. I can't believe so much time even
exists in this universe, or at least - didn't believe that - until today!
I've posted nowhere near as many posts as I used to on an average day two
years ago... And yet I feel like I've been filling up lugnet's servers and
they'll burst in a few minutes!

Was I honestly *that* talkative? That is terrible. I was a total blabber
mouth. Forget about the age limits thread, I'm talking about the posts I
wrote, myself (1). Why didn't anyone say anything? How annoying was it? Be
honest, now. Was I the biggest pain, or was I one notch below infomercials?
(4) Oh, God help me...

-Shiri, suffering from a deep deep relapse of -- of -- something.

(1) I only posted about five out of the four-hundred in that thread... one
of the five just happened to be the first post. That's not my fault. ;-)  (2)
(2) And anyway as Bruce S. put it at the time, I only had to ask two more
times in 8-month intervals to make it. <grin> Next time I'll be in Boston
I'll be old enough to join NELUG. But I digress. (3)
(3) See? I'm blabbering randomly, just like the old days. I didn't say they
were good.
(4) Jude, you better not answer that.