 People / 2683
2682  |  2684
Subject:
LDraw History - here's one for the old timers in the group....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:54:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello -
I'm working on one of the ideas I discussed with the Jessimans at Brickfest
this year.  While we were making up the powerpoint presentation for the talk
at the event, we thought it would be nice to develop a complete history of
the LDraw community.  I've put some work into it so far, but I need
everyone's help, especially the help of the people who have been around for
a while.  I'd like to collect approximate dates of events in the LDraw
community and in the general area of LEGO CAD.  This will be assembled in a
nice web page on LDraw.org in the future, under a new 'community' section
alongside the Memorial.  I've gotten a start, but I know its a bit too vague
and needs some corrections and additions.

I'm looking for:
- New developments and ideas which came up in discussion over time
- New software utilities and the people who wrote them
- Events where LDraw was demonstrated
- Important decisions regarding the file format and the useage of LDraw
- People - it would be cool to bio a lot of the people who have contributed
over time
- Anything else that would be cool to put in a timeline!

To see what I've done so far, take a look at:
http://www.ldraw.org/temp/ldraw-history.doc
http://www.ldraw.org/temp/ldraw-history.txt
(quick save from Word to .txt, so sloppily formatted)

Feedback requested!

-Tim