 People / 2414
Re: I Want To Blow My Head Off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Jude Beaudin writes:
Let's take Shiri for instance. Lately she has been distracted by a lot of
things. You think it might be Brickfest, but from what I know that was a minor
concern. Way above that on the list is the fact that in a month or so, she is
moving back to Israel from her current home in Boston. And she has had to
endure the frustration of having her boyfriend on the other side of the country
for the last while but now it will be the other side of the world. Along with
that she is going to have to say good-bye to the life she has made for herself
in the States. So I have noticed that since Chris was able to be with her she
has hardly posted. LUGNET is not really the *most* important thing to her. Then
again it really isn't for any of us.

With regard to the analysis of my personal life, that would be correct. I
have been way over my head with work, as well as studying for college
enterance exams, early packing, and spending some precious time with my
boyfriend and other good friends. I even squeezed in some building, which
unfortunately pushed lugnet aside. Those who saw me at the 'fest might have
noticed that I was a nervous wreck about getting everything *there* in
order, as well. I have postedf very little, even though I thought a lot,
about this issue.

Now, to the issue:
Bryan, I hope you understand that my constructive criticism was attempting
nothing more or less than just that - to be constructive, helpful,
suggestive, without hurting your feelings. Evidently I failed, since you are
hurt, and for that I apologize. I still feel, however, that your reply to
Kevin was far from constructive; you had some good ideas hidden in all the
profanity, as Richard points out, but you masked them well.

The way I was tought to criticize is this:
* Start with something positive, to encourage the creator
* Continue with your beefs, but in a positive form: suggest alternative
ways, methods, and be polite about it. Seperate the good from the bad, but
mention both. Do not be over-enthused, nor over-critical.
* End with something nice again, so as not to leave your listener with a bad
taste in his/her mouth.

My recommendation to you and to everyone is, follow those guidelines. They
never fail. People will take the bad with the good and appreciate your
opinion tenfold.

As for the subject of your post, I hope that you did not mean that. Everyone
has suicidal thoughts sometimes, and they are not to be taken lightly. Help
is always there if you wish to seek it (as others mentioned - friends,
teachers, your parents, or counselors). If you didn't mean it, please
refrain from using phrases like that - like I said, suicidal thoughts are
not to be taken lightly, and are not a matter of joking around.

And as for castle world, neither I nor Nathan were alone on the matter of
removing you from the balladeer list, but we had mostly all the organization
to back us up. Not because we hate you or *anything* of the sort, simply
because you did not follow our unwritten (or are they written?) rule of
Courtesy (with Creativity and Cooperation). And I am *certain* that once you
show readiness to follow that simple rule, Nathan and I will not be alone in
accepting you back. Does that make sense?

Peace out,
-one helluva busy Shiri who needs to wake up at 5 AM tomorrow