 People / 231
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:29:05 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

I remember having to use an antenna to get a total of 5 channels if you were
lucky.  We even had a black an white TV!  Oh the humanity...  :)

Yup. The phrase '3 channels' sticks in my mind for some reason. Oddly,
the first channel in Tampa (as I recall) was 38/UHF. Broadcasted from
the pier in downtown St. Pete. And phone numbers always started with two
letters. Which is why I like the little town I live in now, all the
numbers in this end of the county have the same three digit prefix. All
you have to remember is the last 4-digits of someones phone number :)

I also remember when if you asked someone if there would ever be a PC in your
home they would have locked you up in a mental institution.

Cept they were called 'hobby computers' in those days. It was either
Apple or IBM that caused the name revision.

All that and I am only a month from being 30 :).  Imagine what our older
friends have seen (or hadn't seen for that matter).

Mine eyes have seen things... When I was young I had American Bricks to
play with. Mom would bring them back from Miami with her. They came in
tall cylinders made of cardboard, I think they had a metal lid that
screwed on. I'm sure Lego bricks existed, but I never had any :(

Ray