 People / 218
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:57:23 GMT

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
news:FLAnty.CyE@lugnet.com...

I remember having to use an antenna to get a total of 5 channels if you • were
lucky.  We even had a black an white TV!  Oh the humanity...  :)

Not too much. Before 1983 we had only one TV channel (TRT1, one and only,
state owned) and having a color TV was not making much difference since it
was already broadcasting B&W...:-) I remember clearly that I asked my father
what was the purpose of "channel selector knob"..:-)

We have countless (unecessary) channels now, counting the local ones (even
state has 5 channels), but still using TV antennas, since cable network
(yeah, the same old story, there is only one company with 32 channels and it
is state owned) is not everywhere, including the place where I live. We
generally (not me) prefer satellite antennas though, which are very cheap
here. (I mean the ones with analog receivers and 1-meter-diameter dishes)

I also remember when if you asked someone if there would ever be a PC in • your
home they would have locked you up in a mental institution.

Commodores, Amstrads, Spectrums and the like were available at the end of
1970's (1979?), weren't they?

All that and I am only a month from being 30 :).  Imagine what our older
friends have seen (or hadn't seen for that matter).

Eric

I'm 28 by the way..:-)

Selçuk