 Parts / Modification / 215
  Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Basically I want to take the innards of one and put it in as small a 'brick' as possible, add a power input to allow connection of external battery box/es and a connector to allow remote connection of (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output

(...) Tim, The "large thing" looks like some kind of coil+ferrite core to me. AFAIK That is really part of the tuned circuit for the radio reception. Now something that strikes me as really interesting is the operation of the steering motor. Is it a (...) (19 years ago, 18-May-05, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output

(...) That sounds plausible, although I'm not an electronics expert it has that look to me. Ideally it would be good to unsolder it and place it on the other side of the board but that probably won't be possible. If it was a coil+ferrite core would (...) (19 years ago, 18-May-05, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output

(...) That is definatly a tuning coil. You may be able to swap the coil to the opposite side of the board, but adding long wire would be a vey bad idea. If you swap it, orientation is very important. You will need to mark it's oreintation on the (...) (19 years ago, 19-May-05, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output

(...) I have since unsoldered the battery connections from the board, this allows the whole thing to be removed from the casing. Having has a look at the other side of the board I have decided to leave the coil as it and move the two switches to the (...) (19 years ago, 20-May-05, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)