 Parts / Modification / 215
214  |  216
Subject:
Modifying the 6272c01 Electric RC Race Buggy Battery Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 22:02:10 GMT

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Basically I want to take the
innards of one and put it in as small a 'brick' as possible, add a power input
to allow connection of external battery box/es and a connector to allow remote
connection of the aerial.

I have opened my one up, basically there is a main double sided PCB with the
on/off and RC channnel switches surface mounted on the bottom and the aerial
mount on the top (a brass screw threaded component) Also mounted on the top side
is a daughter board with the main and auxiliary output connections. This
connected by about eight rigid pins. The steering motor is wired directly to the
main board and also has a control PCB which works by wipers connecting various
sections of the track as the axle turns.
See pics http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=129791 when moderated

I am thinking that cutting the rigid pins to the daughterboard and adding a
section of ribbon cable to allow it to be placed alongside the main board would
be pretty simple. I would like to convert the steering motor output to a
standard output (at present the motor moves about 90% off a cetral position,
returning to centre when the control is released) and I suspect I could do this
by removing or bypassng the control PCB, however while I understand what it does
I don't understand how it does it so I'm not sure exactly what to do.
The other element that is causing me concern is the large 'thing' in the middle
of the main PCB. I don't know what it is or what it does but it needs moving as
it sticks out far further on that side of the board than anything else.

Basically I'm looking for anay tips, advice etc on how to go about this and any
no-no's as well!

Tim