 Parts / Modification / *189 (-20)
  Re: Creating custom fabric elements for Lego minifigures

Norbert Black wrote in message ... (...) Lots of really cool information! Something to add: when I've made fabric pieces, instead of acrylic medium I used diluted PVA adhesive (white glue) and wetted the fabric completely in it. After it was dry, I (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Creating custom fabric elements for Lego minifigures

Creating custom fabric elements for Lego minifigures ===...=== Norbert Black, February 2005 For my various custom minifigures, I've needed to make a variety of fabric elements. Lego produces capes in several colours, but what if you want a shade not (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX) !!

  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) Incidentally, if anybody is interested in trying this out on the cheap, there is a slightly used Gocco printer up for sale on eBay right now: (URL). The only other source I've found for this item is dickblick.com, where (new) it costs about (...) (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) So, how did it go? Did you find a way to make this gadget work on LEGO parts? If so, what about odd-shaped parts like minifig torsos or heads? I'm pretty interested in this approach too, as it sounds like it should produce a much (...) (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans (sorta long)

(...) Cool! Someone else who knows McCloud (and Aragones!). D'you know, I've owned that book for years, and never made the connection to it being useful in thinking about Lego? Silly me... Anyway, well done, Erik. This is a usefully (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  What are these headphones?

Anybody got an idea of how the headphones were made at the (URL) podbrix> website? I was thinking of trying to make my own 1x2 tile iPod for my minifigs to use. Thanks, James Wilson Dallas, TX (19 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig

(...) Ooh good thought. What might be even neater is if the blade itself is removable, so that when you put the blade in, it lights up. That would be even more movie-realistic. ~Kevoh (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig

(...) Rob, my favourite line on your page: "Modding LEGO's rendition of my LifeLites minifigs" LMAO!! Stick it to 'em :] That "trash-can-lid" minifig head on the TLC version is bizarre. I can't believe they didn't make the batteries replaceable. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Modding the new LEGO lightup minifig

Finally! I got my hands on one of the new LEGO produced lightup figs. You know what comes next - MUTILATION!!! First, some observations of the LEGO version: The packaging states the batteries are not replaceable. With a little work, you can pry off (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX) !

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans (sorta long)

Hi there, I've been pondering the aesthetic issue. Last night I made a pyramid of Lego heads, illustrating the schema in Scott McCloud's book, Understanding Comics. (See below) McCloud's schema for comic characters identifies three artistic poles (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans (sorta long)

OK! I finished the second batch and even fit in tweaking some series one faces. I now have a whopping 51 unique faces (12 are alternate faces, so 39 unique figs). You guys raise some excellent points. First, the technical stuff about decal paper at (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some G.I.Joe minifig customs

Hi Norbert, I went through all of these when they came up on Brickshelf and they're really great work. I think the most impressive details are the braided hair on some of the anime figs, but all of the paint and customized head/headwear jobs are (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Some G.I.Joe minifig customs

Once again Norbert, you blow me away with your patience and attention to detail. Awesome figs. Jude (...) snip... (...) snip... (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Some G.I.Joe minifig customs

Hello to one and all I thought that there might be some interest in the images of my customized minifigures now up on Brickshelf. Over the holidays, I was very busy with a friend's scanner, getting "record shots" of the majority of my custom work. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX) !!

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

(...) Hey, neat-o Bianca! What kind of printer is used for the decals? An inkjet? I didn't know that it was possible to make those..., this will come in handy for my plastic model work. As for the faces, I must admit that I have trouble recognizing, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

Hi Bianca, Minifigs with noses creep me out. It's an artistic choice, making the head more realistic, less iconic than Smiley. I guess I don't like the clash of square head (non-realistic) and more realistic features. I have this same problem with (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

(...) Wow! How many Buffy nuts are there here? you can count me! How bout doing a Darla and Drusila? ooohhhhh and an ADAM!!! that would be COOL! and then you'd have to do Riley Finn I suppose. Don't worry, youre not alone! Buffy Rocks! so does (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

(...) Ah ha! Look no further. Any plans for a Mayor? (my fav character) Just imagine the fun there by doing a graduation scene. yeah. You could do any host of the demons as well. How about Jasimine? How about Ben/Glory? Making me think of doing a (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

Hmm, I guess I'm alone in my nerdy and somewhat disturbing devotion to these tv shows. My quest for a Buffy buddy continues. Anyhoo, I bought a new printer a few days ago and made some progress with these guys while snowed in here in NJ. I just have (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Some fun for Buffy and Angel fans

Hi everyone, Palisades recently scored the license to one of my all-time favorite TV shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (RIP), and are making Kubrick-style "block" figures. I admit I picked up all the series I figures, but I still prefer my much cuter (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact