 Parts / Custom / 121
Re: tougher lego gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:38:35 GMT

Dope another one. This time cool it with tap water, not iced water. You may
have cooled it too fast, if I understand that thread correctly.

Keith

This time I heated it for 10 minutes and let it cool in tap water for a fair
while.  The gear lasted noticeably longer - almost to the end (it's operating a
elastic wind-back mechanism).  But then it snapped.  The gears always crack at
the thinner parts of the gear where the four holes are.
I might try using some epoxy to paint the gear or try and fill up the holes.
Jack