 Parts / Custom / 119
Re: tougher lego gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Jack Valmadre wrote:
Take a look at this:
<http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=6899>

- David

I "doped" the gear and it still broke.  I think it might have lasted a bit
longer though.  I put it in boiling water for 5 minutes then in iced water for 5
minutes.  Didn't use it until about 15 minutes later.
Any other suggestions?

Bummer. My suggestion would be to "gang" more gears side-by-side.

You could use metal gears, like meccano or something, but you'd always have a
weak point at the plastic/metal interface. Or you could do all the mechanicals
in metal, and just use LEGO to make it look good.

ROSCO