 Parts / 45
Re: Glueing old lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:37:33 GMT

IIRC, the model builders no longer use MEK (although I still do).  If anyone
has any information as to what the model builders are now using, please let
me know.  MEK is dangerous and too much contact with the fumes makes you do
strange things like modding LEGO...

Rob

crossposting to .parts -good stuff

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftware.DOT.com> wrote in
message news:I34svF.1Ls@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
MEK - I believe Methyl Ethyl Ketone

I believe the model shop used to use this as well.

Try local hardware stores in the paint dept.

Do a search on Google for MEK and for Methyl Ethyl Ketone... it is nasty • stuff
and you want to be prepared to use it safely!

Great ventilation is a must. If it were me I'd work outside. (the model • builders
have elaborate venting systems in their workshops IIRC)...