 Parts / 328
Re: peeron inventory update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:44:39 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Didier Enjary wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
In lugnet.inv, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
It will interesting to see if the
quality control is maintained with Lego's new outsourcing.  Already I have
noticed that the turntables come in two separate pieces rather than assembled.
Both the small 2x2 and the larger 4x4.
Hi,

Parts coming in two separate pieces rather than assembled is of course not a
quality problem but a cost issue for TLC.

This kind of "unassembled" parts has started with the head and torso of minifigs
and the train wheels. I would not be surprised other parts (minifig steering
wheel for example) undergo the same treatment in the future.

I think this way to deal with multi-pieces part is well received (if not
welcomed) by AFOLs but could be an issue with kids.

Didier

It is certainly wlcomed by me. Splitting the 2x2 turntables is hard but now I
don't have to do it :D

For kids it's just one more stage of construction so I don't see it as a problem
unless the parts are hard to put together (in which case that's what mummy and
daddy are for).

Tim