 Inventories / 314
Re: peeron inventory update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:02:25 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
Thursday updates
7710 Push Train: 3024 should be 8 not 6 (engine st8,10...ramp step 4 and 6)
163 Cargo train is correct
162-1: Locomotive without Motor:  is correct.  This was a hard one as there are
three different models that can be built, however the box shows more and with
different parts.  Luckily I have two to compare with the inventory.

My copy of 7710 was missing two 1x1 plates (3024) that were featured in the
instructions. I still remember it almost 20 years on since it was the first time
I'd encountered a mistake in the instructions/inventory of a set.

Tim
It is interesting how many mistakes are not made by Lego.  When ever I am short
a piece I am totally surprised.  For those who do not know, Lego will send
replace pieces free, even when you lose them.  I steped on a blue airtank,
called Lego asking for one, and a week later got two in the mail.  Also, if
memory serves, the 10020 sante fe chief, special edition came out with two
pieces taped to the box.  Also the frist Legend set had white horses taped to
the outside and brown ones on the inside.  I also have come across erreta sheets
in the instructions now and then.  Considering how many sets that were produced
it is rather amazing that there are not more.  It will interesting to see if the
quality control is maintained with Lego's new outsourcing.  Already I have
noticed that the turntables come in two separate pieces rather than assembled.
Both the small 2x2 and the larger 4x4.
John P