 Inventories / 309
Re: peeron inventory update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:22:19 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Martin Srb wrote:
In lugnet.inv, John Patterson wrote:
Yesterdays sets checked:

4549:  correct except fot 973p19.  There are two types with the train logo on
opposite sides.  I do not believe that both are on Peeron's part list.  The
instructions show both on the same side, but the two different ones were in the
box.
<snip>
You have extremely good eyes! I have never noticed that.
But I suspect that these variations got into the sets mixed randomly :-(
This happened also with 4181/4182 doors (there are two variations of the handle
- facing "to the glass" or "to the edge")

<snip>
4555:
100% correct
<snip>
Mine has 3228b (slotted) instead of 3228.

<snip>
4563:
2420 plate 2x2 corner red/2 is missing (pg7, #13)
3010 brick red should be 2 not 1 (pg23 #12)
3710 plate 1x4 white/1 is missing (page 7 #12)
... 2924b red/1 is missing, 3030 white/1 is missing.
There are 2 set variations: the difference can be clearly seen on pages 7, 8 and
23 (at Peeron, compare page 7 vs. "107", 8 vs. "108" and 23 vs. "123").
And of course the type of electric transformer (70931/70938/70938b) is
continent-dependent.

Well, it's going to be a funny discussion if every set has several variations
:-)

Martin

Martin:
Thanks for the post.  I am making a master file of all the variations and your
comments help.  Lego certainly does not make it easy.  I have found in the old
Samsonite sets very mixed eras of bricks.  Actually some sets have the two
different type of bricks the older shiny ones and the newer dull ones.  Lego
even did that with the greys when they changed over, some sets had both hues of
grey.
John P