 Organizations / United States / ULUG / *19 (-19)
  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Jeffrey, How is the new crane coming along? Have you been able to figure out the physics yet? (...) Yes, we do. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Alright Brian, You got me (sorry guys but it was a side conversation). Anyways, thanks everyone for the feedback, it was really helpful. I myself was unfortunately unable to attend the show. Oh and if anyone was wondering who the builder of the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) I just joined the yahoo group and downloaded and installed TrackDraw. I like it, they are both great. TrackDraw does seem to be superior with tables, etc. Thanks for all the advice. We have another show coming up next weekend, so hopefully, I (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Mike & All, (...) Indeed. As a matter of fact, when I last tried Trackdraw, I could not get it to work (IT restrictions, etc. 2+ jobs ago?) but I saw that I have Net on my computer here, and just got it running. I will have to play around with it (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) I have used it for many moons, and I still enjoy it. It is a great program for what it can do. (...) No problem at all, I am glad I can share my experiences. : ) Scott -- (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

"Cedar Sith" <cedarlug@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:JCr1zD.GCx@lugnet.com... (...) I prefer TrackDraw over TrackDesigner for the single reason that you can whip out new parts really quickly if you need it. Mike (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Great suggestion. I downloaded Track Designer and in about 15 minutes had recreated the last show. What a great program. Thanks for the advice and direction. (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) Indeed. At MichLUG's first show at GATS in January of 2001, (URL) did pretty much the same thing - a lot of people brought stuff, and we basically filled in places as we went along. I am not sure if we had an actual layout in mind (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Getting started is very difficult. I was surprised at how challenging it is to design a lay-out at the show and then fill in the space with buildings, etc. Question to all Train Clubs. How do you (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) It is always nice to that interaction with the crowd, even if it is the 50th time you heard it. : ) (...) It is great to have some interactivity like that in a layout - I need to do more of that in ours. (...) The most important (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Brian- Congrats on your first show.It's a lot of fun to put your stuff out in front of a crowd for the first time. I especially liked the decorative archway, dino museum, bridge, fishing hole, and mech. Good stuff in any layout! Small idea: Be (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG Train Show

Over the weekend ULUG (Utah LUG) participated in "The Ophir, Tintic and Western" Train Show at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. We are a newer LUG (under 6 months) with 9 active members and this is our first Train show as a LUG. We were pleased to (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Upcoming Train show and rundown on lastest meetings.

Whoops I am a little behind and late posting this. Life comes first I guess. Anyways ULUG has a train show that we are participating in and will be displaying a layout at. The train show is being held at Thanksgiving Point, just outside Lehi, Utah. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ULUG Meeting: December 16, 2006

ULUG is holding the December meeting on this Saturday the 16th at Reed’s Home. Current time for the meeting is 3:00pm. In mood with the Christmas season, we will be doing a gift exchange game with sets in the $10-$15 range. Please have all gifts (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Last show.

The club participated for the first with Reed in a train show on November 3-5 at the fairgrounds in Salt Lake City. It was a great success. We constantly had people coming up and us asking questions. The mountain was created on Saturday while most (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Utah LUG General Info

Greetings, This is Jeffrey Jarvis, a member of ULUG (UTAH-LUG). Now that we have a newsgroup, we the members of ULUG will be posting information on upcoming events, shows, and meetings. Also we will provide summaries with links to pictures of past (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  Re: Some dead LUGs?

(...) Rene, For now just leave it as is. Any one of us will post in the acount. We havent designated a particular person for posting informating about events and meetings yet. Thanks, Jeffrey (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM As a user of this site, you are expected to read, understand, and abide by the Terms of Use as set forth herein. If you are under 18 years of age, ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) for permission before using LUGNET and (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.org.us.ulug )------

Welcome to lugnet.org.us.ulug, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.org.us.ulug (group): ULUG: Utah LEGO Users Group (Utah, U.S.A.) lugnet.org.us (group and hierarchy): U.S.-based user groups, clubs, and organizations for LEGO® (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.ulug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact